Thursday, December 31, 2009

heres hoping...

as 2009 is coming to a close our thoughts are drawn to resolutions. I ask what are your resolutions for the new year or even the new decade.

As i look back on this year, wow, was it ever a roller coaster that still seems to be out of control. As i entered into the summer i was at a pretty low point, feeling drained in all shapes and sizes. when i rolled out of bed each morning i wanted to go right back in and curl up then sleep the day away. but God met me where i was, and i believe with my whole heart that he will continue to meet me where i am. whether all i can offer is one step, oh look theres God helping me make the next step and the next one.

at the end of this summer i was baptized at camp. and let me tell you i don't think i could get any more full then i was then. but as the days, weeks and months go on and now we are at the end of december. i've been learning a great deal of the importance of as it is said in romans 12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Renew your mind. be continuously full in God. it's not a one time deal.

with these experiences throughout the year i was thinking what resolution to make, do i opt for the good ol' loose X amount of weight, or say no sugar in 2010, or even the eat all organic, start running frequently. but my attention is drawn away from those oh so noble things to stillness. To be still each morning/day and take away the time consuming distractions of well everything around. So that is my resolve to be still in 2010, and to rid myself of all garbage. my time is important. I am reminded of two verses today. brought to you my the prophet Isaiah and the writer of romans.
"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who
have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Heres looking at you 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment