Tuesday, March 2, 2010

to the fools out there.


i feel like i am guilt tripped into writing something worth thinking about here by my own thoughts. trust me, there are many times where i feel like i had something to say yet the words did not form and come out. I have a couple of nuggets of goodness to shoot out to you, and let it soak as i would say.

1. I feel that i go though my days as always not measuring up. And i believe that i am not alone in these feelings of inadequacies. Whether it is when working in the hospital, feeling like i know nothing, and running around with my head cut off. Or trying to encourage someone with my oh so, not so eloquent words. Or even just trying to do what's right. I fail. I admit it. But (sidenote: I love buts, check them out in scripture, they are always paired with truth and something so good) the truth is, the importance doesn't hang on the things i do or say. Here is my first nugget of truth and goodness. About a month ago this section of scripture has stood out to me in huge ways, and is continuing to guide my actions and thoughts.

Remember, dear brothers and sisters, that few of you were wise in the world’s eyes or powerful or wealthy when God called you. Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful. God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important. As a result, no one can ever boast in the presence of God. 1 Corinthians 1:26-29

I love the picture that Paul describes here. First God chose us. Seriously blows my mind. Second that he uses the foolish. The people who don't have it figured out, who aren't wise so that God's work will be done in that person's live and God will get all the glory since the foolish isn't going to boast in himself.

2. My second thoughts come from Shane Claiborne. proverbs 27:17 - just as iron sharpens iron so a friend sharpens a friend. which then lead me to a section by shane claiborne in his book follow me to freedom. he writes in reference to proverbs 27:17... "that's the kind of thing that happens when you rub and collide with people and their ideas.
Some of my best teachers are my critics. We learn more from people who challenge the things we say than from people who just parrot "amen" to everything we say. We all see through a glass dimly. Our experience forms us, and so when you've had really different lived experience, you arrive at some different conclusions. but that's the gift of being part of a Body... our vision is made more complete when we are able to see through each other's eyes."

3. The renewal of your mind. I know i said this at the beginning of 2010 but am i ever realizing how great and how important it is to partner with God in having your mind daily renewed, refreshed, challenged and cleaned up.
"Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle. Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality. Bless your enemies; no cursing under your breath. Laugh with your happy friends when they're happy; share tears when they're down. Get along with each other; don't be stuck-up. Make friends with nobodies; don't be the great somebody. Don't hit back; discover beauty in everyone. If you've got it in you, get along with everybody. Don't insist on getting even; that's not for you to do. "I'll do the judging," says God. "I'll take care of it." Romans 12:9-19 msg.

Yes, well i don't really have much to say about this, i find this version sums up my attempts at the past two years in living life. Try, try and try again, with God's help i'll eventually get it.

Well i think those are my current thoughts on things bouncing around in my head.
Grace and Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment